Card Captor Sakura

Hidden Within the Heart
by Hikaru-chan

Chapter 2
Reunion
. . . . . . . . . . . .

Wires . . . .

Plugs. . . .

The heart monitors beeping sound. . . .

I remember it all.

Li-kun. . . . don't die. . . .

No! No! NOOOOO! I want out! Let me go! I don't want to see him die again!!

"Sakura. . . Th-there's something I always wanted to tell you. . . . "

Sakura tried to open her mouth to speak, but it was useless, nothing would come out.

Li faintly smiled as he looked into Sakura's eyes. "I. . . .I. . . . ."

And the heart monitor went dead, making only the monotone sound. Sakura backed away from Syaoran's bed. "L-li-kun. . .Open you're eyes. . . Tell me! Tell me how you feel!! TELL ME!!"

* * * * * * *

Sakura sat straight up, covered in sweat. It was all a dream? Sakura sighed of relief as she wiped the sweat from her brow. "Where am I?" She thought out loud as she looked around. She then noticed the dandelions in a glass vase. Oh, Nii-san's house... That's a surefire trademark of Yukito-niisan. Sakura stood up and walked over to the rice paper door.

I must have passed out in Yukito's car or something...

As Sakura was about to open the door, she heard voices through the wall of the next room. She pressed her ear tightly against the door to hear what her two brothers were discussing.

* * * * * * *

"It just isn't right Yuki!"

"Touya!"

"After all the time we spent with her, after all the therapy, after all that money, she STILL goes to that damned spot and breaks down! This is ridiculous!"

"Touya, I never heard you be so cruel. Sakura now has lost two beloved in her life, your mother and now Li!"

"Now is not the right word Yuki. Li died over three years ago. Besides, our mother is a little different than a conniving little brat."

Through the door, Sakura gasped. True, she did remember all the "training" she got in therapy, to help her forget. But, she also did remember the psychiatrist telling her father that it was hopeless because she couldn't let go. Sakura closed her eyes tightly, And he was right. . . . But, for her brother to call Li-kun a conniving brat was just un-called for. Didn't he have any respect for the dead??

That's right, no one has respect for Li's death. . . no one cared. You were alone in Hong Kong when they laid him to rest.

Sakura sighed as she shook the voices away in her head. She then opened the door, entering Touya's and Yukito's conversation.

Yukito smiled as usual, "Arei, Sakura-chan, you're awake!"

"About time, 'Kaiju'"

Sakura twitched, "Nii-san! I am not a monster, nor a little kid any more! I wish you would stop calling me that!!"

A sweatdrop ran down Yukito's forehead, "Ano... did you have a good sleep Sakura-chan?"

Sakura looked away and nodded, "Gomen nasai. You didn't have to take me here Yukito-niisan."

"Well, I just think it be better to talk to someone then keep it bottled up inside like you have been.."

"I'm not bottling it UP! IN FACT I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT!!" Sakura screamed.

Touya and Yukito flinched.

"I don't need to talk to anyone about this! It's my own problem, and I should deal with it!" Sakura caught herself and covered her mouth. "I'm sorry. I just had a really bad dream. I think I need to relax a bit. . ."

Yukito's smile came back to his face, "Why not go relax in the bath?"

Sakura nodded and muttered, "Yeah..." as she walked towards the bathroom.

Touya looked over to Yukito with a worried look, "You think she'll be all right?"

Yukito looked at Touya, and his smile grew wider, "She'll be all right." Yukito's hand crept over and landed on top of Touya's.

Touya blushed.

* * * * * * *

Sakura let the water pound hard on her face as she tried to wash away her tears and her memories of Li.

I don't understand why I can't let it go. . . I never was this depressed when my mother died. But then again, I never really knew my mother either.

Sakura sighed as she turned off the shower head.

I have to let go, for the sake of my family, and for me.

She wrapped a towel around herself as she walked towards her bathroom mirror. She stared at her reflection, hardly believing that the person staring back at her was herself. Her looks had changed so much, it was a wonder that people still recognized her. Sakura smiled as she took another towel and began to dry her hair. It was funny to her how much she looked like her mother now. When she was told, when she was younger, that she looked like her mother, she just didn't see it. But now...

I wonder if Li-kun would know it's me if he saw me. . . .

IF he had the chance to see you, a voice in her head echoed.

Sakura closed her eyes once more and mentally told the voices to go away. I have to forget him. Sakura turned to the door and put her hand on the door knob. Once I walk out of this room, I will have totally forgotten who Li-kun is.

Sakura took in a deep breath and squinted as she opened the door.

"Yo."

Sakura blinked as she looked up at the figure standing on the other side of the hallway. She couldn't believe her eyes.

"Did you miss me, Sakura?" The boy said with a smug grin.

"L-li-kun?!"

* * * * * * *

"How much longer do we have to wait?"

The smaller shadow looked up at the moon, "Not much longer. Our fetcher will bring her here soon."

The other shadow stood silent and looked the forest surrounding the two. "Are you sure this going to work?"

The smaller shadow remained silent as the taller one gulped hard.

* * * * * * *

Sakura blinked repeatedly again, this had to be a dream! She saw Li die, she was right there when it happened. So how could he be right before her, alive?

Li walked towards Sakura and grabbed her hand, "It's been awhile. I missed you."

Sakura froze and remained speechless.

"But we don't have much time Sakura, you must come with me."

"Huh? Where??"

"There is no time," Li handed a robe to Sakura, "Here, put this on and follow me quickly."

* * * * * * *

Sakura ran after the "Li" as he ran into a forest not too far from Yukito's and Tooya's house. The night sky was a dark blue, and frankly, Sakura was frightened.

Was this Li a ghost?

Or was it really him??

Or was it...

....an enemy?

* * * * * * *

Li Syaoran looked down from the trees, and watched two figures run through the forest. His eyes grew wide when he looked at the figure in the lead of the two. It's me..

Syaoran quickly jumped to a lower branch, his Chinese outfit blowing in the wind, but matching the tree's green perfectly so he could not be seen.

Hmph. That's a pathetic disguise, even if it is an illusion card. It doesn't look a thing like me know that I get close...

But who is the girl?

I know that face... but who is she?

Li closed his eyes tightly as he sorted through his mind. I can't remember her!

* * * * * * *

The other Li stopped dead in his tracks once Sakura and him had met a clearing in the forest. "We're here."

Sakura eyed her surroundings, she had a very bad feeling about this. "Li-kun, why did you bring me here??"

"Hmph." The Li still had his back towards Sakura, his bangs in the way of his eyes. "Your friend Tomoyo is in trouble."

Sakura blinked, "T-tomoyo?"

Li pointed up to another clearing about ten meters ahead. "She needs your help." Finally the Li turned to Sakura, "Card Captor Sakura."

Sakura stared blankly at the Li. This can't be him. It's not my Li-kun. It must be an impostor or something, that did something to Tomoyo. Sakura gathered up her strength and walked towards the next clearing.

What she did not see what the "Li" disappearing into thin air.

* * * * * * *

"Tomoyo?! Tomoyo?!" Sakura pushed various branches out of her way so she wouldn't get scratched, "Tomoyo, answer me!!"

Suddenly, a shriek echoed through the air.

"TOMOYO!" Sakura ran at full speed through the bushes, now getting hit all over by branches that she didn't bother to push out of her way. Once she reached the clearing, she blinked at what she saw.

Tomoyo. . . . she was dressed as a Card Captor?

Tomoyo fought a near-by clow card. From the looks of it, it was windy. Unfortunately, she was losing to the gentle card. Tomoyo glanced over at Sakura for a second, as she gasped for air, "S-Sakura-chan..."

"EH! SAKURA NYA?!" Kero-chan flew out of a near-by bush, "What is she doing here??"

Sakura looked at Kero-chan for a second, then jumped ten feet back, "KERO-CHAN?! I thought you left!"

Keroberus closed his eyes and smugly posed, "I did, until a new enemy appeared. But I figured yer were to depressed to fight, so I got permission for Tomoyo to take yer place."

The Clow Card let out a blast of energy, knocking Tomoyo to the ground.

Kero-chan sweatdroped as he watched Tomoyo get off the ground, "Unfortunately, she's not a very good one."

Sakura couldn't believe her eyes. Tomoyo didn't go on a date, she was trying to protect Sakura from having to become a Card Captor again. Oh Tomoyo... Sakura put her hand into her shirt and grabbed her own mini-baton. "It's a good thing I still carry this thing around."

Kero-chan gasped, "Sakura! What are you doing?!?"

"I'm going to protect my friend!" Sakura held the baton high in the air and began to chant, "O key that hides the power of dark, reveal thy true form to me. I, Sakura, command you....RELEASE!!!"

The Card Capturing baton appeared in Sakura's hand as she charged the Clow Card. "I don't have time to mess around, so let's make this short and sweet!" Sakura twirled her baton around and called out, "Return to thy true form! CLOW CARD!!!"

The Clow creature began to scream as it shifted back into it's normal card state. As this was happening Tomoyo winked to Kero-chan. The card, now an actual card, floated over to Sakura's hands as she wiped a tear away from her face. "Damnit.. I didn't want to do this again..." Sakura looked at the card. Windy. As she had expected. But, there was something underneath the picture. . .

It was. . . . Sakura's name?

. . . . . . . . . . . .

Dictonary -

Most of the words appeared in chapter 1, but there are a few new ones...

  • Kaiju - monster (aka Tooya's nickname for Sakura)

  • Gomen Nasai - I'm very sorry

  • Nya - an Osaka dialect word. If you've seen CCS, you know what I'm talking about
. . . . . . . . . . . .


Author's Notes:

Hehehe... I finished the chapter earlier than anticipated ^^` I just thought of so much I wanna put in this story, but I have already put a limit on what I can do, because I personally don't like to write more than 20 chapters per 10+ page fanfics. Maybe it's just me, I dunno. Another thing I had a problem with was the ending to this chapter, but then again, I really couldn't think of a different ending. I wanted, like in the last chapter, a kinda cliffhanger. But since I personally don't like cliffhangers because they drive me insane, I'm not really good at writing them either. ^^` Daijobu, this fic is about to get very interesting indeed, especially since we all now know that Li is indeed alive.

Preivew of the Next:

I don't want to be a Card Captor again Kero-chan! I just helped Tomoyo out that one time, honestly!

What? Li-kun is alive?

That's impossible!!!

Oh Li-kun. . . why can't you let me have my old life back?

Next Time on Card Captor Sakura: Hidden Within the Heart, Phantoms.


Copywrighted 2000 by Hikaru's Bag O Stuff!

Come and visit!

previous || back || next