hi hi! *sigh* school's starting again, so i won't be posting much any more (lucky for u guys who really hate my fics, i know you're out there. don't worry, there's more people who hate my fics than people who like them. ^.^;) this is just a rough draft, like everything else i sent...not that i'll ever have a final draft. i think this is where i left off..

DISCLAIMER: CCS is copyrighted by it's rightful owners (CLAMP, etc.)

Chap. 7: Sakura's perturbed night
(don't ask how i got the title, it just popped up. ^.^;;;)

"Hong Kong?! Why!?" Sakura was shocked.

"Don't ask me."

"HOEH?"

Syaoran turned away from his friend. "Don't worry, though. I'm not leaving."

"You aren't making any sense." she complained.

"I'm not leaving. She can't make me."

"Who?"

"She can't make me leave Japan...not if I have to leave you."

Sakura stood, baffled. "....hoeh?"

"It's Meiling. She's back."

"HOEH?!"

"I knew that that new student in our class reminded me of someone."

"?"

"It's Meiling. Using a false identity...I should have known..."

"But why?"

"She's come to take me back, Sakura. To Hong Kong."

"But..."

"And I'm not going."

"And that's the part I don't understand!" Sakura blinked. "Why are you not--"

"I can't just leave you here, can I?!"

"...but..." she blinked a tear away. "That's why I said that I don't want you to get in trouble...or go through trouble for me."

"So you're saying that you don't care if I leave, am I right?"

"Well, no, but--"

"You are too!"

"Listen, Li-kun, I have so many things to worry about, and--"

"You don't want to worry about me. I understand. You'd rather put me at the end of your waiting list, wouldn't you?"

"HOEH! Why are you getting angry?"

Syaoran took a deep breath, then grumbled, "I'm getting a drink. I'll be back."

* * *

Kumiko--or Meiling, now-- stood on top of a building, arms crossed. Written on her face was pure determination. < I'll show Syaoran somehow that I've gotten stronger...somehow...I will prove myself to him...>

She smiled suddenly, and moved to the only standing pole on top of the building. She raised her hand...then hit it with all of her might.

The pole crumpled where her hand had gone through, and the rest of it made a loud crashing noise as it fell away from her. Meiling smirked, making a leap to the next building. < Well, I don't really want to be caught...not yet...>

* * *

Syaoran had gotten his drink (lemonade) and was sitting down at that moment of time. He sighed for the millionth time. "Okay, then. Sakura, I have a question for you."

"Hoeh?" Sakura pushed her hair out of her eyes. < I need a haircut.> she thought to herself. Aloud, she said, "Okay..."

"Do you care about me at all?"

"Of cour--"

"Answer me truthfully."

"But I am--"

"Are not!" he crossed his arms in a huff.

"What?!" Sakura narrowed her eyes. "Do you want me to say that I don't care?!"

"If that's the truth, yes!"

Sakura stood with her mouth open for a few seconds. Then she walked over to her friend, as calmly as she could manage, considering the state in which she was in at the moment. She finally sat down next to him on the couch.

"Li-kun...I have a lot of things to worry about...especially now. I still have to visit Touya-onii-chan today, to check if he's okay. I have school work to do. I have a busy schedule..."

"And you're saying?" Syaoran rolled his eyes. "Get to the point."

"I'm trying to prove my point here!" she finally lost her temper. "Even when I have such a busy schedule, I still leave time for you! Almost everyday! And...and I don't think that I've been doing it for a reason anymore." her temper wore out and her tone became softer. "I...don't know what to say." she sniffled, and hid her face in her knees.

"...Sakura..."

* * *

Meiling skipped around in the dark, humming a tune to herself. "Maybe I should head home now." she brandished the key she had in her pocket. "Syaoran will be so surprised when he finds out that we're both going to be living in his house until we go back to Hong Kong in two weeks~!" she was all smiles. "He must be so happy that I'm back and that he's going to get to return to Hong Kong! It seems so boring here in Japan!" she mused.

"It's going to be so fun to see his expression when I get 'home'!"

* * *

"Sakura?" Syaoran looked disturbed. "Sakura, are you okay?"

"...no." came the muffled answer.

"And why not?"

"Because..." she raised her eyes. "I thought you cared for me, but I guess I was wrong."

"Baka." he said lightly. "What are you talking about?"

"...hoeh?"

"Of course I care for you."

"...you're ly--"

"Am not." he pulled her to him.

"Hoeh..." she felt herself blush. "...u...um, Li-kun--"

"..do you want to know how much you mean to me?"

"Hoeh?" she nodded with uncertainty.

"More than the world..."

She could feel his warm breath on her neck. "...Li-kun, are you feeling okay...?"

"Yeah, why do you ask?" his lips brushed against her, and she shivered.

"But--"

He cut her off with a kiss...

At first she tried to pull away, but she gave in later, pressing her lips harder against his...

"EEEEEEEKKKKK~!"

They broke away, flushed. "What...?" Syaoran began, then turned to see...

Meiling stood in the living room, her hand over her mouth and looking as though she was about to gag.

END OF CHAP. 7

it'll be a while before i'll get a chance to post more... (i know i know, cornyness galore...) ja-ne, minna! hope u have a happy new year, etc.

previous ||back ||next